Law and Criminal Justice Degrees: Course Advice
The Course Advisors in the School of Law can assist you in a variety of ways from planning your degree to helping with special applications regarding your course of study.
OPEN DOOR ‘DROP IN’ SESSIONS FOR CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND LAW STUDENTS. Please note: APPOINTMENTS DO NOT OPERATE ON THESE DAYS.
18 July: 10 a.m. to noon; 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
19 July: 10 a.m. to noon; 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
20 July: 10 a.m. to noon; 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
21st July: 10 a.m. to noon; 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
26th July: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
27th July: 10 a.m. to noon; 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
28th July: 10 a.m. to noon; 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Please take a seat in the waiting area near the lifts on Level 3, Business and Law Building, and wait to be called.
Outside of Open Door Advising hours, appointments for course advising can be made online or by contacting College Reception ph: 03 369 3888.
Book online to see a School of Law Course Advisor.
BCJ Students: Please complete the BCJ Completion Checklist and bring this with you to your course advising session.
If you have trouble booking an appointment, contact reception on 369 3888.
Ariana's office is room 302, Simon's office is room 333 and Margaret's office is Room 331 - on Level 3 of the Business and Law building (map)
If you need to cancel your appointment you can do so online or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a note of your name, student ID and appointment date and time.
Appointments are the ideal way to:
- Check if you will meet degree requirements (points check, double degree cross-credits)
- Check your degree planning or assist you with your degree planning
- See about exceptions that may be available for your degree (concurrent enrolment, prerequisite exemption)
- Seek advice about academic progress concerns.
If you are unsure whether you need an appointment, email email@example.com
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for queries to do with your degree, such as:
- Enrolment issues, including prerequisite failures in UC Student Web when you have met prerequisites from previous study or credit transfers
- To check if you will meet degree requirements (points check). If it is too complicated to do by email we will ask you to book an appointment
- Course selection options due to postponed or cancelled courses
- Completed applications for exemptions (where we do not need to see original transcripts)
- Other quick queries regarding your degree.
Between Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm, you can deliver your applications for processing to our level 2 reception area, including:
- Completed transfer or credit applications where you are paying by cheque or credit card
- Completed Exemption from prerequisite/Concurrent enrolment applications
- Transcripts – the reception team can photocopy and verify these if we require them (and for transfer or credits).